Indiana Academic Standards
As you may have heard last spring, Indiana pulled out of the Common Core Standards and worked to create our own Indiana College and Career Ready Standards in Language Arts and Mathematics. These standards were rolled out by the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) just before the end of the school year and will be the standards assessed on spring assessments. Our teachers worked hard this summer in Language Arts and Mathematics to unpack the resources provided by the IDOE on these standards and to revise curriculum and maps to reflect the changes made. If you would like to take a look at this standards, you can find them on the Indiana Department of Education website. Standards are used not as the curriculum, but as what drives the curriculum.
PLE Kids Caring and Sharing celebration: You may remember last year that we celebrated at PLE as they completed a service learning project that put them in a drawing for a financial award. This was sponsored by the Carpenter’s Union and all Lake and Porter County Schools were invited to participate. Great news! PLE has done it again! Friday PLE received an award and Congressman Visclosky was in attendance. Awesome job, PLE!
Golf: Congratulations to Meaghan Spalla who qualified for and competed in the 2014 Lafayette Jefferson Girls Golf Regionals. She had a great showing!
Email PTSC standouts to Dr. Schmidt at email@example.com.
- September 30, 2014: Picture Day, BGE
- September 30, 2014: On Tuesday, Sept. 30th at 5:00, Boone Grove Varsity girls and boys take on Hebron in a conference volleyball match. Please come and support the girls and boys volleyball teams
support the cause! There will be t-shirts sold, a 50/50 raffle, and a bake sale. All proceeds go to
the player’s families that have been affected by cancer.
- October 11, 2014: Stuff the Bus for the Porter Township Food Pantry (Read a great article about this from this weekend in the Times!)
- October 15, 2014: Online Day for BGHS and BGMS
- October 22, 2014: End of Quarter 1
- October 24, 2014: No School, Fall Break
- September 26, 2014: Family Fun Night (Bingo) at PLE at 6:00 PM
- September 30, 2014: Picture Day at BGE
- October 31, 2014: No School, Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 8, 2014: Family Skate Night at 5:00 PM at Franklin Middle School
- November 19, 2014: Online Day for BGHS and BGMS
- November 22, 2014: PTO Fall Fun Fair at BGE
- November 27-28, 2014: No School, Thanksgiving Break
- December 22-January 2, 2014: No School, Winter Break
Things to Know/Do:
- Now hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- Have you updated your account information in Instant Alert? Make sure that you have your cell phone number and your email entered so that you will receive the latest updates we send out. You can update your Instant Alert Account here.
- Do your friends and neighbors know how to find our weekly updates? Even if your neighbors don’t have kids in school tell them about our weekly updates so they can hear the great news of what happens at PTSC!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.
- We are also looking for bus drivers to drive our extra-curricular runs. If you are interested, please apply online. It’s a great way to earn some money and attend extra-curricular events!