It’s always great to start the year with some great opportunities! Check out some that may interest you below:
YMCA After School Program
This year PTSC has an after school program (located at Porter Lakes Elementary) from the end of the school day-6:00 pm for elementary age students. This program is run by the YMCA. Children will enjoy gym time, health and wellness activities, playground time, healthy snacks, group & board games, crafts, and quiet space for homework. Students from PLE and BGE are welcome to participate.
Registration Fee: $25 Members/$50 Community
Supply Fee: $40 Members/$65 Community
Fees: 3 days-$40.00 per week
4/5 days-$55.00 per week
If you are interested in registering, please contact:
Diana Sonnenberg, Youth Program Director at the Valparaiso YMCA
(P) 219 464 9543 x7
Interested in learning more about Gangs? Our very own School Resource Officer, Jeremy Chavez, is leading this workshop!
Empower Porter County: Around the Table
Empower Porter County’s initiative called “Around the Table” is aiming to help community members/families build authentic, transformative relationships as studies have shown this is a key to preventing substance abuse. Their mission is to provide opportunities that foster interpersonal engagement, compassionate dialogue and resilient relationships for all sectors of the Porter County community. They are hosting Family Fun Day at the Valparaiso YMCA on September 21 at the YMCA pavilion. Contact Kaye Frattaccia at Empower Porter County (219.242.3977 or KFrataccia@empowerpc.org) if you would like more details!
PTSC Students: Great start to the school year! We are thrilled to have you back and look forward to a great year!
PTSC Staff: It is always so great to see all of our staff members taking pride in the building and smiling as students return. From the preparations the custodial crew made all summer to our teachers working on curriculum and preparing the learning spaces–everyone has been preparing for this year–awesome!
First Student: Thanks to First Student working to make sure all of our students get to and from school safely, even if a road is closed!
Congratulations to the PTSC Band who marched in the Kouts parade this past weekend.
Email PTSC standouts to Dr. Schmidt at email@example.com.
- August 26, 2014: Open House BGHS at 6:30 PM
- August 27, 2014: School Picture Day at BGHS
- September 1, 2014: No School, Labor Day
- September 2, 2014: BGMS fall pictures
- September 5, 2014: PLE Picture Day
- September 9, 2014: Gangs 101 from 6-7:30 PM at Family and Youth Services Bureau (see above)
- September 17, 2014: Online Day for BGHS and BGMS
- September 22, 2014: Blood Drive at PLE
- October 15, 2014: Online Day for BGHS and BGMS
- October 22, 2014: End of Quarter 1
- October 24, 2014: No School, Fall Break
- October 31, 2014: No School, Parent Teacher Conferences
Things to Know/Do:
- Looking for the PLE weekly newsletter? You can find it here. It has lots of great information you won’t want to miss!
- Have you updated your account information in Instant Alert? Make sure that you have your cell phone number and your email entered so that you will receive the latest updates we send out. You can update your Instant Alert Account here.
- Do your friends and neighbors know how to find our weekly updates? Even if your neighbors don’t have kids in school tell them about our weekly updates so they can hear the great news of what happens at PTSC!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.
- Now hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- We are also looking for bus drivers to drive our extra-curricular runs. If you are interested, please apply online. It’s a great way to earn some money and attend extra-curricular events!