Substance Abuse Prevention
Here’s a great opportunity right in our backyard!
Have you checked out the Prevention Awareness Network? Liking this on Facebook will bring you frequent prevention minutes about things going on in our county. Check out this one from February which has information every parent needs to know:
Congratulations to Zac Beatty who was one of two to present to the Valparaiso Redevelopment Commission (VRDC) on a plan they designed for the name and logo for the new Valparaiso Bike Sharing program. Zac did this as part of his Marketing class. The VRDC selected our students’ name and logo for the new Valparaiso Bike Sharing program. The new bike sharing program will be started this summer and will link the downtown to bikers from the university and throughout the community. Check out the photos in the Porter County Career Center’s March newsletter on page 5!
Do you have a standout to include in this section? Email PTSC standouts to Dr. Schmidt at stacey.schmidt@.
- March 20-24: BGE Book Fair
- March 21: BGHS and BGMS Choir Concert at BGHS in the small gym at 7 pm featuring the Magical Music of Disney (Adults $4 Children $2)
- March 27-31: Spring Break, No School
- April 6: Substance Abuse Prevention event in Portage
- April 17: Snow Make Up Day or Break Day (Right now a break day!)
- April 17-May 5: ISTEP+ Part 2 Testing Window
- April 19: BGHS and BGMS Online Day
- April 24-May 26: ECA Spring Testing Window
- May 26: End of Quarter 4/Semester 2–Last day for students
- May 30: Last day for teachers
- June 4: BGHS Graduation
Things to Know/Do:
- Now hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- Do your friends and neighbors know how to find our weekly updates? Even if your neighbors don’t have kids in school tell them about our weekly updates so they can hear the great news of what happens at PTSC!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.