Ever wonder how to find the Indiana College and Career Ready Standards? These standards were rolled out by the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) and are what drives our curriculum at all grade levels. If you would like to take a look at this standards, you can find them on the Indiana Department of Education website. It’s a great resource for parents as well as educators.
If you are looking for other resources, here is a list of items which may be of interest to you.
- PTSC Website
- PTSC District Calendar 2016-2017
- Indiana Office of eLearning
- Digital Citizenship Resources (This is an amazing resource for families!)
- College and Career Readiness
- Hoosier Family of Readers (Great resources here with access to thousands of books for free!)
- State Superintendent Glenda Ritz’s Back to School Message to Families
Do you have a question you’d love to see addressed in a weekly update? Don’t hesitate to send Dr. Schmidt an email and it may be the topic of an upcoming PTSC Update!
INpact with DCI at Lucas Oil Stadium: We had several Boone Grove students perform for thousands of people in Indianapolis earlier this month and it was a great honor for those students who were selected from across the state. The students were Hayden Neis, Ashlee Ramos, Emma Grant, Anthony Young, Robert Young, Rachel Stewart, and other members of the Boone Grove Middle School band. The students met and played with famous trumpet player Al Chez and played for hundreds of people at the Pan Am Building and at Lucas Oil Stadium. Congratulations to those students and for the time, effort, and energy they spent working on their skills this summer!
Email PTSC standouts to Dr. Schmidt at stacey.schmidt@.
- September 2: PLE picture day
- September 5: Labor Day–No School
- September 14: Online Day BGHS and BGMS
- October 12: Online Day BGHS and BGMS
- October 19: End of Quarter 1
- October 24: Parent/Teacher Conferences and Early Dismissal
- October 25: Parent/Teacher Conferences and Early Dismissal
- October 27-28: Fall Break–No School
- November 16: Online Day BGHS and BGMS
- November 24-25: Thanksgiving Break–No School
- December 21-January 4: Winter Break–No School
- January 13: End of Quarter 2/Semester 1
Things to Know/Do:
- Now hiring a Computer Technician! If you know someone who might be interested, send them to the link above!
- Now hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- Do your friends and neighbors know how to find our weekly updates? Even if your neighbors don’t have kids in school tell them about our weekly updates so they can hear the great news of what happens at PTSC!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.
- We are also looking for bus drivers to drive our extra-curricular runs. If you are interested, please apply online. It’s a great way to earn some money and attend extra-curricular events!