Drive Safe Chicago PSA Contest
BGHS junior Hannah Christy was a finalist for the Chicago Auto Show ‘Drive Safe Chicago’ PSA contest. The great news that came this past week was that she was selected as the winner! After the results were announced, Hannah went to ABC 7 Studios (click to watch the news story) where she spoke with the National Road Safety Commissions’ David Reich. Congratulations, Hannah!
Watch Hannah’s PSA here:
Congratulations to our BGHS and BGMS Choir Students who competed in the ISSMA Solo & Ensemble Contest at Kankakee Valley Middle School.
The Middle School students earned 86 Gold Medals and 2 Silver Medals. The High School students earned 144 Gold Medals and 36 Silver Medals, bringing the totals for Boone Grove Choir to 38 Silver Medals and a whopping 230 Gold Medals!
60 Students, including 11 Soloist and 7 Ensembles, have advanced to the State competition on February 18 in Indy. They have all truly worked hard to make Boone Grove proud!
Thank you, Ms. Welbourne, for all of your work with these students! Your hard work and dedication makes all of this possible!
Do you have a standout to include in this section? Email PTSC standouts to Dr. Schmidt at stacey.schmidt@.
- February 17: Snow Make Up Day or Break Day (Right now a break day!)
- February 20: No School, President’s Day
- February 24: Empty Bowls from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm
- March 15: BGHS and BGMS Online Day
- March 16: End of Quarter 3
- March 27-31: Spring Break, No School
- April 17: Snow Make Up Day or Break Day (Right now a break day!)
- April 19: BGHS and BGMS Online Day
- May 26: End of Quarter 4/Semester 2–Last day for students
- May 30: Last day for teachers
- June 4: BGHS Graduation
Things to Know/Do:
- Now hiring substitute teachers! Please contact Linda Dusek at the administration building if you are interested in substitute teaching and she will help you start the application process and discuss qualifications.
- Do your friends and neighbors know how to find our weekly updates? Even if your neighbors don’t have kids in school tell them about our weekly updates so they can hear the great news of what happens at PTSC!
- Every Wednesday is a 30-minute delayed start. If we have a 2-hour delay, students will arrive at school 2 hours after the regular start time for the building.